idealistic, confused, 20something mom rambling about life

Thursday, June 03, 2004

As we were returning in the greyhound bus,i thought about my diary...how i have ignored that special diary over the years...i suppose in large part due to this very cyberspace called my "blog"..i vowed to start writing in my diary soon. I guess none of us can bring ourselves to write the very personal stuff in this public domain anyways..whenever i go back and read my diary, it reminds me of so many things, childhood memories, hurts, incidents...
im glad we took the bus since i have never ever been on a six hour bus journey before. In the beginning i was very apprehensive because of my back ache, but the trip did turn out to be one from heaven after all - or as close as it can get anyway :)
i have developed a bond with my friend now. she's been my friend for seven years but we werent really that close - we were in a group and so there never was a need to be. But travelling with someone really makes you grow closer.I didnt even know M but now i love her like a sister..
as i was leaving i thought this is my once-in-a-lifetime trip and for me its unique because i got to see all these old friends and people my age but in very different circumstances...it was kind of unsettling to see that i was the only married one and the others were living these overly independent lives..but we all make our choices and im happy with mine..yet it does leave you with a strange sense of loss for some reason.
It was wonderful roaming the streets late into the night with s and her friends, we woke up early and left to explore the campus and go sight seeing. For the first two nights we lived with s's friend in the heart of downtown and we could walk to everywhere basically which was great. Their friends were very hospitable and made me feel like one of the gang which was great.
all in all this was a great trip, even if it was very short..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home