idealistic, confused, 20something mom rambling about life

Thursday, May 20, 2004

It was like revisiting my adolescent days when I used to lust after Salman Khan or look at Luke Perry twelve times a day adorned on the door of my closet and sigh. I went to a concert and it was a lot of fun.
I decided to splurge on the rather expensive ticket because one, I hadn’t done this in a very long time and two; it was with friends. New friends, old friends – people I hadn’t been out with in a very long time. And since my social life seems to have ceased here, I took the opportunity to give it a bit of a boost. Man that’s shallow.
It was fun dressing up. Just being genuinely interested in looking good, without having to philosophically justify it. It was a concert yaar, obviously I had to dress up!I told myself. I felt like a little bubbly kid dressing up, hell I even bought a new top. I wasn’t genuinely interested in seeing Hrithik Roshan or Aishwarya Rai (in fact I fail to see why TIME magazine named her one of the 100 most influential people in the world!) but I wasn’t going to see them perform, I went to have a good time. And that, I did.
I got all dressed and went over to m’s place where s was waiting as well. We were going to do a once-over to see if anyone was too dressed up. M wasn’t as made up as the two of us, and for some reason I felt guilty, like I had abandoned my principles and her in some way by putting on so much eyeliner and wearing heels. But can I tell you something? It does the ego wonders to do this once in a while. I am, after all superficial as much as I may dislike the idea and I do feel like crap most of the time.
We frantically took pictures of the actors once they came on, so we could send them to our loved ones back home and say, see, see I do have a life here!
Now Fardeen Khan, there’s someone I was looking forward to seeing and in our cheap teenage-girly way, we screeched when he came on. But we weren’t half as bad as the others who yelled away and asked him to marry them.you must, you must let your hair down now and then.
All in all, it was worth the money. The music was very loud though and I had a headache the next day, which I thought must be what a hangover feels like.
Maggar larkiyon (if any larkiyaan are reading this) if you get the chance to have a girl’s night out and it involves entertainment and food, please - do not let it pass.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home