idealistic, confused, 20something mom rambling about life

Saturday, April 17, 2004

i am so frustrated...i thought that having two years worth of job experience
should get me a retail minimum wage job atleast...well surprise surprise! it dont
work like that. But then again, its only been three days since i started searching
for a job and dropping my resume off at places.
all this talk about dropping business and going for something i "enjoy" and that
"means somehting" - its all exploding in my face. Im about to graduate in 3 months
with absolutely no idea what to do with my life. What exactly does a BA social
scientist do? my only hope seems to be karachi. If i go back atleast i can teach. Isnt
that strange that this "meaningful" degree will be useful in underdeveloped little pakistan
as opposed to rich Canada? Then again, this fact has other implications. In no mood for that now.
i bought a watch today. I lost my old seiko watch that A had given me. The one i gave him got stolen when our place in karachi was broken into. So we're even :) i got this really "cool" thick black leather strap watch. It makes me feel young...not that im very old mind you. And i made sure i didnt get any of those pretentious brands. ALL and i mean ALL my friends, cousins, acquaintances have guess watches. Fricking uniformity - even in brand names.
SO much uncertainty...buying a watch that makes me feel young...why? today i was thinking what if i was to have a baby...and then i thought of all these people here who would look down upon me. Since i became a mother so soon. No work experience. Aakhir zindagi hai kya? what makes it liveable? work, a baby? ambivalence. new word i learnt last year. I am very very ambivalent about alot of things.
ive been watching tanhaiyaan ever since exams ended..compare that with dramas today and youll notice two things : 1. current emphases on location (either it will be dubai or some mansion in defence) 2. the story just doesnt run smoothly in new dramas and events like shaadis are elaborately shot which were avoided in older dramas in order for the story/plot to develop.

PS: whenever i click on "comment" (in mine and in other ppls blogs) nothing happens...anyone know how to fix this? since i can access comments on my blog through the haloscan site, i will be able to read replies..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home