idealistic, confused, 20something mom rambling about life

Saturday, June 26, 2004

watched fahrenheit 9/11 yesterday...was bickering with A...got the worst seats in the theatre..sort of came out not knowing if i liked the film too much or just very much. Had something to do with me staring up, craning my neck to see the screen perhaps. We were so close that in order to see from side to side on the screen, we had to move our heads.
BUT great film. Please watch it. I also saw two other great films last week - Osama and for the fifth time, Earth. Osama left me spellbound and hurt and angry and fuming - all at the same time. I just wanted to get out of here and go to afghanistan and DO something. WHat the f does watching enlightening movies achieve anyway? unless you use that sense of awakening to undo something...
Is it me or do all 20 somethings feel this sense of agency? this will and want to get out and change things...why cant we? I want to do so much and yet i cant..so many barriers and stupid hierarchical systems to overcome. I know im an idealist but perhaps if i keep the flame alive for long enough, ill actually DO something way down the road...or will I?

also read tft's special edition...although it was rather "full of itself", i look up to people Jugnu Mohsin who tried and succeeded to an extent, to DO something. And yet i was perturbed to see the same bourgeoise-ness and coolness that pakistan's socialites and cremedelacreme exude...why must the glitterati have to be associated with the literati? This one article by a designer Ms.Khan was so damn full of itself. These people think dressing up is what its all about?? women with expensive limegreen suits and poodles on a white leather leash are what its all about? I have nothing against people dressing up, but when they deem it so important, it just bugs the shi- out of me.Dressing up is for yourself, not for others - it wont solve anyone's problems, and dammit its not the most important thing in the world..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home