idealistic, confused, 20something mom rambling about life

Friday, June 17, 2005

alot of lasts have happened this week. The last time I walk as an emlpoyee into the office building, the last time i eat at the cafeteria, the last time i work out at the gym, the last time i hug C, the last time i feel sad about never seeing S again, the tears in her eyes apparent, mine struggling with relative success to not roll down my cheeks. They were all lovely people to work with. I never ever thought I would feel like crying at leaving work. But it is the people i am sad to part from. i have never worked with goras this closely before and it has been great. i was lucky and bloody fortunate to get this experience. they gave me "the nicest person" certificate.i am so proud for not breaking down...i dont want to praise myself - this is not why i am writing this. i feel full- full of love and emotion and gratitude for these lovely people who appreciated me for who i am. for treating me so nicely even though i worked for such a short time. to c for her "how are you today b?" and to the duo c and c for being like my mothers - they said if they were to have a kid together, it would turn out to be like me. i will never forget j's cutesy laugh or s's hearty one. to the pakistanis - they created space for themselves in the office - as if sitting on a side road in karachi, we gobbled pakoras and samosas and chatted in urdu. right in the middle of the office. i will cherish this experience. i will never forget these people. it never does end up feeling the way its expected to. and thats all good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home