idealistic, confused, 20something mom rambling about life

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

slowly the signs of our toronto life in this apartment are vanishing. the bedside in which i kept my diary where i scribbled furiously after yet another fight is gone. The candle stands i hand carried from karachi are sold. for a paltry price. i cannot take these things back. these lifeless things that tell the tale of my 4 year sojourn in this country. i feel the sorrow now . the sorrow i knew i wouldnt feel. but we are human after all. and this place changed me forever. how hard will it be?
packing up a life is so difficult. the notes i had saved from my sociology class...to keep or not to keep? is that more important or is that frame which held our wedding picture for 4 years more important.
As I smelt the dollar store potpourri I had bought nearly 4 years ago, i was surprised to find it still has some scent. i didnt throw it yet. but i know i will have to. just like i will have to go away like ive wanted to for four years. you never know when that oopar wala is listening.....your wished just may come true and then you realize....is this it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home