idealistic, confused, 20something mom rambling about life

Saturday, August 07, 2004

sometimes smells and sights can take one back to wonderful places....the other day i was reading some makeup information in an online magazine and it said "never apply more than three colors if your eyes are close-set" or something like that. And it took me back - way back, when three tiered eye makeup was very much in vogue. I remember mum wearing that "look" for her brother's wedding - she had taken me with her to the thai beautician close to our place who had a wonderfully artistic house and was married to a pakistani. her house was like a secret oasis hidden amongst the polluted (strangely i dont recall those streets being as polluted in those days) rough roads of that part of town with her plants and stones and wondefully green entrance. I remember how pretty mum looked even with so many colors on her eyes! pink, green and gold i think it was. i had totally forgotten about the thai lady - totally. and that one sentence bought it all back. those were good days..
the other day i smelt someone's perfume which was the exact same smell as my best friend used to wear...and then another one that reminded me of my honeymoon because i used to use that scent...it bought back the moonlit nights, the balmy beach and the fights sprinkled in between.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home