idealistic, confused, 20something mom rambling about life

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

i just read comments left on my blog ages ago! and it gave me the inclination to write again :) so thank you!
Ammar turns 10 months very soon. He has become more manageable and yet very naughty! He tried climbing the stairs today on all fours which scared me since im very casual about his crawling all over the place.
Obama won today. I teared up as we watched the victory speech in the morning. Hubby's family was overjoyed, his cousins and extended family members have funny facebook statuses that allude to their connection (long winding if i my say) to the president-elect. He is a friend of someone in the family and everyone is capitalising on it. The actual person whose friend he is has much more integrity and never boasts of his connection (thank god)...sigh people can be so vain/shallow.
As I visit facebook (sometimes with scary regularity) and get updates on my Canadian acquaintances, I really miss the country. With everything happening in Pakistan, there are so many times I wish we hadn't moved back...but atleat Ammar has his doting grandparents here. That alone is worth being here in some ways.
Went for a lovely ''facial'' today after 10 months ...it felt great. I got massages while ammar was with me at home, but they really dont relax ya. Baby with nana nani and mum at salon, that works much better (although it may sound selfish - i feel obliged to add this bracket)
So much to say, so much time has elapsed.. I miss blogging!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) i agree about he dubai artificaility. but i think nadir was in his notice everything and be amazed by it mode- so it turned into an exciting time for us. :) otherwise with an older kid dubai would get materialistic i fear yes.
wild wadi was FAB prob the highlight of the trip but then our baby is abonafide waterbaby like his dad hahah. sooo im assuming youre back to blogging with a blast now? :)

1:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home