idealistic, confused, 20something mom rambling about life

Saturday, February 07, 2004

walking fast fast in the subway station to reach our bus stop fast fast i was struck with a strange metaphor-ic similarity...the tall gentleman playing his keyboard, his beret looking rather empty with only a few quarters, reminded me strangely of me walking majestically in the hallways of Marriott Hotel..but it seemed strange obviously..the pianist at Marriott playing hauntingly sweet tunes on his piano ushering us in, leading to the elaborate staircase which led to the Crystal Ballroom..what a beautiful name- crystal ballroom- to a shadi (wedding).. the person in the subway sang so sweetlly..his voice echoing, taking me back to pakistan...nostalgia and yearning mixed with a strange sense of revelation..here i was in my winter stuffing, and there at Marriott in my beautiful shalwar kameez with beautiful earings and matching necklace. The latter attesting to my normality, the former to my privelege.. have i really changed?
why, under the coat and scarf and all the stuffing, was i wearing my diamond ring? and the petite necklace that went well with my shirt? why did i have to be like them to go there? why was using public transport so abnormal to them? I want the marriott in the subway in the marriott..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home