idealistic, confused, 20something mom rambling about life

Friday, February 06, 2004

i often find myself walking through the halls of university, looking at all the beautiful people around me (everyone is so damn pretty here!) and thinking how ugly i am. This sudden attack of paranoia (low self esteem you say?) leads me to visit the bathroom and check myself out. And 9/10 times , i look better than the image in my mind - of myself that is. SO that consoles me.
SO yesterday this person looked at me and i wondered, what the hell?! after getting home, i did the same thing - looked at myself and yes! i looked better than i'd thought!
its not that i dont get "luuv" or anything but i think its important to feel beautiful sometimes. Not to be told though. To be stared at. That, my friend makes you feel beautiful.
What pisses me off though, is how much people dress up to come to school! and if there ever was a beauty myth, well it is so believed in my university! i mean everybody is stick thin, with eyeliner and nice hair and nice clothes and nice bags - designer ones, mind you.
These people are in university- they shouldnt be dressing up, they should be shabby and boycotting designer brands .. sigh
now here i am saying that designer stuff is shallow and liking being stared at isn't?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home